- What We Do
- Program Description
- Client Profiles
- Our Success
- Get Enrolled
- About Us
- Staff, Instructors & Affiliates
- Supporting Institutions
- Job Openings
- Contact Us/Office Hours
- Support Us
Latino Program Development Volunteer
The Washington C.A.S.H. Latino program has grown tremendously in the last 2 years and currently, 30% of Washington C.A.S.H. clients are Latino. This large increase has been met with challenges in keeping up with the translation and development of curriculum and program materials, which are necessary to accommodate the rising number of Latino clients.
The Latino Program Development volunteer role is essential in allowing the Latino Program to expand and develop, and continue to increase the capacity of the Latino programs, and the number of Latino clients served by Washington C.A.S.H.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Latino Program Development Volunteer will collaborate with Beto Yarce, Outreach Coordinator/ Latino Business Specialist, for the growth and success of the Latino Business Programs, through specific projects involving communications and program materials. Optional: volunteer may also participate as a Teacher’s assistant within the Latino Business Development Training classes, and see microenterprise development up close while assisting the instructor with classroom activities.
- Work closely with Outreach Coordinator/Latino Business Specialist on projects relating to Latino program materials, primarily translating curriculum and other program materials.
- Optional: assist instructor as a Teacher’s Assistant, in setting up class, registering clients, monitoring student progress in the class setting, and providing one-on-one coaching in the class setting, if applicable.
At least 5-10 hours a week for at least a 3 month commitment. Hours may vary, dependent on the project and the volunteer’s availability. Very flexible schedule allowed, and volunteer can work remotely if desired.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Preferred: native Spanish speaker, or an individual who has a background working with the Latino community and an understanding of Latino culture.
- Must be detail oriented, and able to work independently, complete projects in a timely manner, and communicate consistently with supervisor regarding progress of projects.
Join a community of courageous and empowered individuals working toward economic self-sufficiency through small business ownership and contribute to a vibrant local economy and thriving neighborhoods. This is a great opportunity contribute to the development of the Latino Business Community!
Contact Jen Chantrill, email@example.com or (206) 352-1945, x240 to get involved!