- What We Do
- Program Description
- Client Profiles
- Our Success
- Get Enrolled
- About Us
- Staff, Instructors & Affiliates
- Supporting Institutions
- Job Openings
- Contact Us/Office Hours
- Support Us
Washington C.A.S.H. offers hope and empowerment for people with low incomes to gain financial self-sufficiency through small business ownership. We provide business training, in-depth support, credit and asset-building programs, and small business loans to about 650 low income people each year.
Did you know?
- 98% of Washington C.A.S.H.’s clients are low or very low income as defined by local HUD guidelines
- The average client supports a family of 2.8 on $22,267 per year at the time of intake
- Roughly 65% of our clients are women, and 70% are people of color
- On average, clients who enter our program with an existing business quadruple their revenues within 18 months
- Clients saw a $12,000 annual revenue increase (median) for businesses that were only an idea before Washington C.A.S.H.
Every dollar counts. Your support at any level will equip aspiring entrepreneurs to change their lives through small business ownership:
$30 Puts course materials in the hands of one deserving business owner for our 12-week Advanced Marketing series, helping them boost sales and grow their business.
$50 Covers the out-of-pocket costs of one microloan application, helping a client access the business capital he or she needs without credit checks and other external fees becoming a barrier.
$100 Sends one emerging entrepreneur through our cornerstone 8-week Business Development Training, giving them the basic tools and skills to launch a successful new enterprise.
$500 Provides the specialized one-to-one coaching in pricing, packaging and production new entrepre-neurs need to ready their products for sales in our Ventures Store and other area retailers,
$1,000 Equips ten low-income business owners with life-changing financial literacy and credit-building training through our 16-session, 32-hour Financial Management Training.
Washington C.A.S.H. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization so your monetary and inkind contributions are tax deductible. EIN #91-1704028