- What We Do
- Program Description
- Client Profiles
- Our Success
- Get Enrolled
- About Us
- Staff and Instructors
- Events & Calendar
- Supporting Institutions
- Job Openings
- Contact Us
- Support Us
Ventures Vendor Application
Some of the greatest challenges facing low-income entrepreneurs include gaining access to their market and adapting their product to attract and best serve customers. We help Washington C.A.S.H. members, other nonprofit clients, and other local/low-income small businesses connect with customers through our 1,000 square foot retail store, an experienced professional retail staff, and qualified volunteers.
Venture’s best selling products are gift items in the under-$50 range. Our customers enjoy hand-crafted jewelry, accessories, home decor, bath and body products, and food items prepared in a commercial kitchen. All items must be hand made in the state of Washington.
Please follow steps 1-3 to apply today (steps 4-8 occur after you have applied):
- First, please read all application information on this page.
- After reading this information, fill out the online vendor application form
(CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION FORM).
- Once you've submitted the online application form, please provide up to 6 photos of your product with product descriptions, dimensions and retail prices, either in person at the store or via email to email@example.com.
- Your application will be reviewed by Ventures staff and you will receive notification within 2 weeks of application receipt whether your product is accepted.
- If accepted, Ventures staff will contact you to schedule an appointment and request a selection of your products.
- Complete, sign and submit a Consignment Agreement and Consignment Inventory Sheet.
- Provide Ventures Staff with biographical info (answer brief questionnaire) and headshot photo.
- Deliver your 1st shipment of products to Ventures!
All products in Ventures are consigned.
- Washington C.A.S.H. clients receive 65% of the retail price.
- Other MDO clients receive 60% of the retail price.
- All other entrepreneurs receive 50% of the retail price.
Vendors are paid for their sales within 15 days after the end of each month. At the end of each month, Ventures managers review sales figures. Products that are not selling will be removed from display and the vendor will be asked to pick them up. Please see the Consignment Agreement for more details about consignment.
Obtaining a Business License
Vendors must have required state and city business licenses for their size and type of business.
- State of Washington: Find information about filing for a Washington State business license at: http://bls.dor.wa.gov/file.aspx
- City of Seattle: Find information about filing for a City of Seattle business license at: http://www.seattle.gov/rca/licenses/licmain.htm
- Guidelines for Edibles: Edible food products must be prepared and packaged according to City of Seattle food handling guidelines and in an approved commercial kitchen: http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/ehs/foodsafety/inspectio...
Please note: The usual fee for a Seattle Business License is $90/year. If you anticipate selling less than $20,000 annually within the Seattle city limits, there is a box you can check on the application to reduce your annual fee from $90.00 to $45.00.
Thank you for your interest in Ventures, the retail incubator for the Washington Community Alliance for Self Help. We look forward to receiving your application. Please note the following important information:
- Instead of sending photos you may direct us to your website or another online resource, but please be sure we receive a description, dimensions and retail price for each item.
- DO NOT SEND SAMPLES with this application.
- Submitted information and photos WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
- Please note that delivery or shipping of photos, information or products to an dfrom the Venture’s Store or Washington C.A.S.H. office is the sole responsibility of the vendor. Washington C.A.S.H. is not responsible for any shipping or delivery charges. COD or Postage Due packages WILL BE REFUSED AND RETURNED TO SENDER. Thank you for your understanding.